When we launch a new limited edition or numbered edition product at an announced time, there are usually a lot of other customers waiting, eager to order the product.
This naturally puts a bit of pressure on our website, as we never know how many of you there are.
We have put together a list of tips that will minimise the pressure on our server and hopefully give you a better experience too.
Please read through the list - they're simple things, but can make a lot of difference on the day.
- Check with your bank that your credit card is up-to-date and isn't blocked for international transactions (contact your bank if you are unsure) and that there's nothing else that would prevent you from using the card for a pre-authorisation on wetaNZ.com.
- Update your browser - if you use the latest version of Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari as your web browser, you are more likely to get a good experience than with some other browsers.
- Start with a freshly restarted computer - they always work best.
- Log in to your account well ahead of time on the day - the more clicks and logins that happen at the same time when sales open, the greater the risk that the site gets overloaded.
- Check in your profile that your shipping details are correct - no PO boxes, please - and that you have Zip/postal codes, phone numbers, email address and everything else entered correctly.
- Only click once on buttons - it's a human instinct to do something repeatedly if it doesn't work first time.
- When you have submitted your credit card details - wait for the order confirmation before you leave the site. This is important.
- Keep Calm and Carry On - The pressure will be the greatest in the first five minutes, so stick with it. Everybody has the same chance of securing an order.
We look forward to seeing you on the day and we hope you get a pleasant experience.