Our general Terms and Conditions are in reference to additional terms and policies to be applied for use of our Website at all times. This pertains to whether you are a guest or a registered Wētānz account holder. Please ensure you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions carefully, please reach out to our customer support team if you require any further clarification.
1. Our Cancellation policy states that our Support team cannot guarantee cancellation of your order on request. Any request to cancel an in-stock order needs to be within 24 hours of placing that order. Once an order has been shipped, we cannot cancel your order. If you do reach out to us to cancel your order any time after 24 hours, and your item has not shipped, you will be charged a $20 cancellation fee to resolve the cancellation.
2. Please ensure you have selected the correct store location when checking out, we cannot change the location once your order has been placed. Please always check and confirm you are happy with the shipping cost displayed in the cart before placing your order.
3. When you place a Pre-Order on the Wētā Workshop website:
- We charge a non-refundable deposit (25%) at time of order.
- We will not charge the full purchase price to your credit card until your item is ready for dispatch.
- If you choose to pay via Payment Plan, your first instalment will consist of the total cost of shipping, tax and 25% deposit. Your remaining instalments will be the remaining balance split evenly.
- You may change your mind and cancel an order at any time until we charge your card approximately 2 days prior to dispatch, however if you cancel an order, you will forfeit the non-refundable deposit and pay a $20 administration fee.
- The Automated Payment feature within our Pre-orders or Payment plans is only compatible with Visa and Mastercard payment methods.
4. If Wētā Workshop is required to make a Refund to you we will credit the original purchase price (plus shipping cost where appropriate) to your account. Wētā Workshop retains the right to refund the customer via whatever method is deemed appropriate. In most circumstances involving credit card transactions, Wētā Workshop will refund to the credit card account used to make the purchase originally. Refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. Any Lost Parcel claims must be raised within 90 Days of the shipping date. We can no longer raise a claim with a postal service after this period and will not be able to issue a refund. Please contact the shipping company in the first instance for updates about your order. Once you've confirmed your order has been declared lost, please notify our team at email@example.com with confirmation from the shipping company. Until we have confirmation from the post office/ courier that an order has been declared lost we cannot provide a replacement order.
6. Our Return policy states that if your order is damaged in transit, has a manufacturer defect, or if an incorrect item is shipped to you, we require notification within 48 hours of delivery. There can be many reasons your order may be returning to sender, and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Please note there are some scenarios where the customer will be held responsible for return shipping charges.
7. All prices on our site exclude sales tax, unless otherwise indicated. Any applicable New Zealand GST charges for customers in New Zealand or VAT for customers in Europe will be shown on the order confirmation page. Sales tax is NOT applied by Wētā Workshop to orders shipping from outside your customs area, these charges are levied by the customs in your country along with any further taxes and import duties that may be applicable. We ask that customers ensure they are familiar with their local import fee and tax requirements before completing their order.
8.Our Damages policy and procedure states that each request will be handled on a case by case basis. Our support team will review your request and we will offer a solution based on the issue and stock availability. We reserve the right to decline damage claims and all claims must be accompanied by photos. Most minor damages will be resolved with a percentage refund. If a full replacement is required this may be subject to our Limited-Edition replacement process, which involves destroying the original collectible before a replacement is sent. Our team will be sure to instruct you if this does apply to your order.
9. Pending Shipping Policy - Occasionally a product on pre-order will be listed without a confirmed shipping price, that is to be later quoted and paid when the item is released. All of our products under Pending shipping will clearly display on the product page and you will be reminded again at checkout.
10. Wētā Workshop reserve the right to revise our terms and conditions (or any part of them), and can add further terms and conditions at our discretion.
11. Wētā Workshop will update our website as required at our discretion. While we endeavor to keep the website up to date with the latest possible information, please be aware that some product may be discontinued without notice, and some product information may be out of date.